Re: Interesting Solo II news

To: 76067.1750@compuserve.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Interesting Solo II news
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:55:06 EST
Regarding course speeds at Ft. Myers, I have to amend my first statement.
The 83mph speed has not been substantiated. The calculated theoretical top
speed
 in 2nd, with the tires they were running, would be 78mph and Ian says he
never  hit the rev limiter in 2nd, indicating a speed below 78mph. The protest
was  initially filed just to bring official attention to the fact that the
course was  "non compliant" and the response was to throw out Sunday's times,
which
is now  under appeal (likely to be overturned?).

If the current speed guidelines were written in 1994, when a C4 or RX7tt  was
about as fast as a stock class car would be and street prepared was nowhere
close to where it is now, I would think revising to bring in line with the
current cars SAFE performance envelope would be the indicated course of action.

Mike