Rounds 2 & 3

To: Bay Area AutoX <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rounds 2 & 3
From: Tim Dolan <cyclist@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 16:42:49 -0800 (PST)
      Good morning autocrossers,

  Round 2 was another large turnout as the weather cooperated in keeping
everyone dry. Jeremy Rine and Craig Wright kept the event running smoothly and
everyone was gone before the lights had to be turned on. Only positive comments
were heard about the course design and I can easily recall two turns that
sharpened everyone's braking skills, not just cornering technique.

  The next event will be at Oakland on March 5th. Megan Francavilla and Glenn
Anderson will chair and I suspect that Glenn will design the course. This is
the same weekend as the National Tour in San Diego, so expect a slightly
smaller turnout.

  Remember that AAS starts its season next weekend. Our sister chapters in
Sacramento and Fresno begin their seasons on the weekend of March 18th & 19th.

  Warm weather and clear skies are predicted.

  Thanks,

  Tim