RE: Interesting Solo II news

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Interesting Solo II news
From: "Rick Brown" <rbrown7@covad.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:53:28 -0800
 I have a data acquisition system I use on my BP car (not at
 Nationals and tours).  I run alot of fast American Autocross
 Series courses in addition to more normal SCCA solo courses.
 With the data aq system (a Pi system) I know exactly what my peak
 speed is. Often, I'll see that my max speed was, say, 65mph and
 I'll have stock guys and street prepared guys telling me stories
 about how fast they were "toped out in x gear" or "against the
 rev limiter in x gear" and were going 70 or 80mph.  Since my time
 is typically several seconds faster in BP, I tend not to believe
 the stories much.

 That said, the course may or may not have been appropriate. Can't
 tell, I wasn't there. I'd speculate that the individual or
 individuals filing the protest have cars more amenable to, ahem,
 handling courses, ie, tight courses.

 Maybe I wish I was there since if the GT3 really went 83mph I
 could have just gotten out of first gear for a change in my BP
 car on an SCCA course.

 Rick Brown
 BP Corvette