RE: Ford mechanic

To: autox <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ford mechanic
From: "MrPepsi (Brent Johnson)" <soloii@mrpepsi.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 11:12:04 -0800
I also had a similar experience with my now sold Mustang at Shamrock Ford.
I attempted a repair on a door window for a car that was barely a two-years
old.
The window had separated from the metal at the bottom of the window so when
rolled up,
it would not stop and the window would connect with my convertible top when
the door was closed.
They said they couldn't give me an estimate unless they took it all apart to
asses the problem.
They told me it wasn't covered in the extended warranty and the fix was well
over $500!
I told them that was ludicrous and they then tried to charged me over $200
to put it back together.

It is sad that such a big Ford dealer is developing such a bad reputation
with such a large group of key customers.
However, when dollars are more important than the customer, that is what
happens.
I agree with Livermore, not much farther down the road, and a much more
customer service oriented dealership.