Re: Ford mechanic

To: "PAUL TIBBALS" <pault151@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Ford mechanic
From: "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 08:34:13 -0800
In message <000c01c3d6bf$dc3a1f00$edd30518@attbi.com>"PAUL TIBBALS" writes
>Albany Ford has not screwed up yet, my only complaint there is not getting
>callbacks in a timely enough fashion [...]

Hah!  I wanna know if there is *any* mechanic, *anywhere*, who knows
how to dial a phone.  I almost never hear back from the folks working
on my car until it's been done for several hours.  I mean, there are
times when it'd be very convenient to drive up to pick up my car
before rush hour starts, and nobody seems to be able to pick up the
phone and let me know -- I almost always have to call 'em back myself.

This seems to happen, regardless of whether it is a dealer doing
warrantee work, tire guys, alignment guys, independent mechanics,
whoever.  Is there some secret handshake I need to learn?

Oh, well.  I have to say that, the more I learn about working on my
car, the more I come to appreciate the folks who do it for me.
As I learn what's involved, I feel less and less like I'm being
screwed, and I appreciate more and more the fact that these folks
can get the work done right the first time.  Unlike me.  :-)

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net