Re: Repair estimates was:Ford mechanic

To: miata@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Repair estimates was:Ford mechanic
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: 9 Jan 2004 20:16:12 -0000
On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 11:11:16 -0800 Dennis and Sherry Armstrong
<miata@pacbell.net> wrote:
>  They tried that one with me once. It was a Ford dealership in Livermore.

Two other things to watch out for:

Sales tax on the cost of parts need not be included in the estimate. Can you
tell I used to drive BMWs?

DaimlerChrysler dealers will ask the customer to sign an estimate for
diagnostic time. They are supposed to waive it if the repairs turn out to be
warrantable but they don't want to because Daimler will not reimburse them for
diagnostic time. No, I don't drive a Mercedes now.

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
http://isp.BlueLight.com