Re: Ford mechanic

To: "John Kelly" <76067.1750@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: Ford mechanic
From: "Dennis and Sherry Armstrong" <miata@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 11:11:16 -0800
 They made an estimate. I agreed with the price.
 Then they tripled the price at delivery citing the message that the
 estimated cost was the cost of doing the estimate, not the actual work.

 --John Kelly.

 They tried that one with me once. It was a Ford dealership in Livermore.
I knew better having been a mechanic once, That in the state of California,
You can't exceed the written estimate without the customers consent.
It's the law.

                                              Dennis Armstrong