re: Ford mechanic

To: "autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Ford mechanic
From: "PAUL TIBBALS" <pault151@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 06:50:01 -0800
Tom,
In the past I was not terribly impressed with Shamrock Ford.  They were
supposedly an SVT qualified dealer, but their internal processes were not
good.  (Example: Car was damaged from some road debris. Shamrock apparently
had decided that body repair was too much of a hassle so farmed all of it out.
BUT they demanded that I personally pay for the mechanical work before it went
to the body shop.  And yes, it WAS covered by insurance....)  On the other
hand, their parts department seems to have it together.  I haven't used them
for service in four years +, possibly they have changed for the better.  BUT
I'LL NEVER KNOW.

Walnut Creek Ford also has given me mixed service results.  This was due to
their unfamiliarity with my model.  Again, one mechanic can bollix the whole
thing for you - they had been recommended to me for my model.

Albany Ford has not screwed up yet, my only complaint there is not getting
callbacks in a timely enough fashion, but their service department having a
second shift open until midnight more than counterbalances this for
convenience.  I've only used them when I had to, though, as I now use a
mechanic who specializes in the SHO Taurus for most work.

But why am I mentioning dealers?  Because you said you want to run in HS.
Stock means stock.  Only a dealer will really be able to back up changes that
are made as warranty upgrade items, for instance.  It's not worth letting
competitors get medieval on you rulebook-wise.

PaulT