re: Ford mechanic

To: "autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>, "PAUL TIBBALS"
Subject: re: Ford mechanic
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 13:37:25 -0500

Message text written by "PAUL TIBBALS"

"
Tom,
In the past I was not terribly impressed with Shamrock Ford."

After my unpleasant experience with Shamrock Ford, I would NEVER recommend
them for anything.

What I needed was a fuel gauge sending unit and the radio connections
repaired on a Ford vehicle. They made an estimate. I agreed with the price.
Then they tripled the price at delivery citing the message that the
estimated cost was the cost of doing the estimate, not the actual work.
        After I started complaining they backed off to the estimate price
only they had not repaired the radio connections. I was grateful to get
away from those people with my vehicle.
        Their ownership by AutoNation ruined a very nice dealership, in my
humble opinion.
        When I need Ford parts I go elsewhere, either to the Livermore
store or Broadway Ford in Oakland. Service work is now done by an
independent shop.

        My complaint to the California Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR)
brought a pile of forms which would have taken half a day to fill out. That
was time I didn't have. So I just pass along by word of mouth my negative
experience with Shamrock Ford. .

--John Kelly