Re: Last Sunday

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Last Sunday
From: Jim Ochi <jim_ochi@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 12:38:02 -0800
At 11:02 PM 3/4/2003 -0500, Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 3/4/03 2:52:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>jim_ochi@yahoo.com writes:
>
> > Please, people, respect our sites.  No launches, no burnouts, no
> donuts, no
> > tire warming, no "trying out my latest mods".  Also, please keep an eye
> out
> > on the stuff in the paddock.  If each of us watches out for our neighbors,
> > maybe we can keep stuff from walking away.
>
>I'd just like to add one thing...  BE CAREFUL!  I approached some locals
>doing donuts at GGF once many years ago, and one of them got out of the car
>carrying a Bowie knife!  I backed off real quick, and realized that the
>entire world doesn't look at life and its value quite like I do.  We're
>better off locking all our stuff up.  Think about the mentality of someone
>who would come into a group such as ours and just load up a set of wheels.
>Is this someone you want to confront?

I wasn't suggesting confrontation, for the reasons that Charlie
stated.  But, it would take a pretty brazen thief to walk into an area
where he knew he was being watched, pick up someone's stuff, and walk away
with it.  If it did happen, someone should at least have some info for the
police.

Anyway, if you look at pretty much any of the "Neighborhood Watch"
programs, none of them are confrontational.  They're much more aimed at
gathering information to be passed to the appropriate authorities, and
making criminals know that there is a good chance that they will be seen
doing their dastardly deeds...

Jim