RE: Last Sunday

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Last Sunday
From: "Ruben Padron" <ruben_1271@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 11:33:03 -0800
Just a thought... I would not mind increasing the auto-x registration fee
*slightly* (not sure how much that would actually have to be) to allow us to
contract a security guard company to patrol each event and possibly control
signing of waivers at the entrance.

I haven't been a member for very long, but the number of entries seems to
hover around 300 per event. If we increase the registration fee from $25 to
$30, this would give us an extra $1500 that could go towards providing a
more secure atmosphere. I'm not 100% certain if this would be enough to
cover a security patrol.

Could this be a viable option? Would members mind increasing the fee?

Below is a link with some potential providers I found on the web (sorry
about the extremely long link):

http://yellowpages.net/directory/search.jhtml?DirectoryVerified=Oakland&CityVerified=Oakland&StateVerified=CA&DirectoryStateVerified=CA&AreaCodeVerified=&ZipVerified=&HeadingCodeVerified=8005040&HeadingDesc=Security+Guard+%26+Patrol+Serv&LocType=11&QueryString=security&AddressChoice=&Radius=2&QueryType=1&DirAvail=false&From=&ClearLevel=HeadingValidation&TotalRows=0&listingid=&Tag=services

This, inaddition to some of the other suggestions already made, could help
prevent our personal property from dissapearing, as well as help us keep
unwanted donut-doing guests from our events.

My $0.02...

Ruben Padron
CS 1999 Miata