Re: Last Sunday

To: "Peter Mottaz" <mph_16@hotmail.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Last Sunday
From: Jim Ochi <jim_ochi@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 14:49:24 -0800
At 09:43 PM 3/4/2003 +0000, Peter Mottaz wrote:
>I just took a look at the results from last Sunday(thanks Pat and
>Jerry)...all I can say is, that was a great Junior kart course! ;-)

Well, of course - just think of that first slalom with the kink, followed
by that nasty left into the two U-turns.  Those kids on their Jr. karts
probably didn't even have to brake much while people in regular cars had to
really give it up to be able to get any speed at all into the back boxes.

Maybe it just means that the Jr. Kart pax is too low - let's just up it to
.95 or so...

And, we should just ballast all Jr. Karts up to a certain weight.  How
about 750 pounds?  :-)

Anyway, good job, kids!  Way to show the old guys how it's done!

Also, I didn't get a chance earlier to thank all the people who helped with
this event.  Special thanks to my first time co-chair, Erik Lind!  Special
thanks also goes to David Lenzi, who saved the event when a fuse blew in
the timer, and we didn't have a spare.  And thanks to all the people who
worked setup, tech, registration, waiver, safety, and extra run groups,
just to keep the event moving.  Because of all the people who chipped in to
keep the event moving, we managed to get 287 people through, plus 40
minutes of fun runs at the end of the day, and get all packed up and off
the site by 6:15 or so.

Unfortunately, we had two regrettable incidents.  One was the set of wheels
that was stolen - details are up on the web site.  The second was that we
had an instance of site abuse.  The abuser was asked to leave and did not
get to run.

Please, people, respect our sites.  No launches, no burnouts, no donuts, no
tire warming, no "trying out my latest mods".  Also, please keep an eye out
on the stuff in the paddock.  If each of us watches out for our neighbors,
maybe we can keep stuff from walking away.

Thanks again,
Jim