Re: What's drawing new members?

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: What's drawing new members?
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: 10 Aug 2002 05:58:32 -0000
On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 00:59:01 EDT Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:
>I got the impression you were stating that STS and Street Tire had a high
>percentage of newbies and that those who didn't run in these classes often
>were pretty much all
>newbies who never ran again.

In that case let me restate it.
Newbies directed to or choosing to
run in STS or Street Tire (as suggested by
KeS) usually don't stay there for more than
a few events, don't account for more
than 4% of the total participation, and
aren't skewing the numbers much.

Lots of regular autocrossers including me and
Tony on those killer Sumi's run there occasionaly
for fun. Personally, I really like that slow motion squishy feeling. Helps
explain why a newbie
described a ride with me on Hoosiers as running
through the course in "cartoon time."

Rich Urschel

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
http://isp.BlueLight.com