Re: ba-autox-digest V1 #814

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ba-autox-digest V1 #814
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 22:36:35 -0700
  "james creasy" <james@thevenom.net> writes:
> While doing my straight axle to independent rear swap,  i needed a rear
> caliper brake hose for my 1991 donor thunderbird calipers.  i went to
> the
> ford dealer and, after admiring a cherry 1957 thunderbird outside, much
> my surprise, the hose had been discontinued!!  the fellow next to me
> then
> asked for a shift boot cover for a 1957 thunderbird which the service
> guy
> looked up in the microfiche and said it was still available and they
> might
> even have one in stock.  go figure.

I think the T-Bird is a special case. Ford has always taken care of the
"baby birds" and I suspect that you could get more parts for one than
for much, much more recent T-birds. My mom has a '56 that I work on for
her and I am constantly amazed at how easy (and inexpensive) it is to
find parts for them.

- Alan Dahl

Alan Dahl                                               home:
adahl@eskimo.com
Federal Way, WA, USA                       work: aland@bestnet.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~adahl          ICQ 52688023