RE: No reruns when a DNF is scored

To: Auto cross rag <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: No reruns when a DNF is scored
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 00:14:32 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Talley, Brooks wrote:
> So, yeah.  I'd be sane about it and advocate not holding up events.  But
> I definitely plan on correcting my future DNF's if it's a simple
> couple-of-second maneuver.   If you've got a problem with that, you need
> to advocate a change in the rules.

Nah, I don't have a problem with that.  I guess I just over-react
sometimes.  I _would_ encourage that "don't hold up the event" disclaimer
be attached to advice from folks to newbies to "always correct your
mistake".

Whatever, no big deal.  Hell, nobody ever much agrees with me anyway :-)

Mark

(btw, I don't mean to denigrate regional competition vs. national.  One of
the things I like about regionals is that I don't feel compelled to be
psycho competitive and can focus more on the having fun part.  So it
doesn't bother me if I blow a run and I'm usually laughing at how much of
a dumbas I am :-)  That's obviously not to say that there aren't _very_
good drivers at regional events, particularly out here.)