RE: No reruns when a DNF is scored

To: "Auto cross rag" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: No reruns when a DNF is scored
From: "Talley, Brooks" <brooks@frnk.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 19:02:56 -0700
Yes, I had close personal experience with this rule as I rode along with
my girlfriend Sunday.  On her third run, she didn't brake before the
hard left after the first slalom, and went (sideways, I think) the wrong
way around the first cone in the second slalom.  "Don't worry about it!
Go! Go!" I'm shouting, figuring that she's better served by completing
what was looking like a really good run.  Her second run had been very
good, so why loop back and make a really slow run?

Of course, we get to the finish and the timing lights were haywire.  She
could have had a re-run, if I had gotten her to go back around the cone
the right way.

Ah, well, the things you learn.  From now on I (and anyone I'm riding
along with) is going to damned well going to loop around DNF'd cones,
unless it means running over courseworkers to do so.

Cheers
-b