Re: No reruns when a DNF is scored

To: ba-autox <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No reruns when a DNF is scored
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 23:37:33 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Rich Urschel wrote:
> "A DNF on a run for which a rerun would have been
> given shall stand and no reruns shall be given."

Yeah.  Its that way everywhere I've ever run.

However, I'm actually responding for a different reason.  I'd like to
plead for some sanity :-)

Please, at a regional event where points don't matter, etc, just get the
hell outta the way after you spin or go off course!  Don't spend a half
hour using reverse, traveling a 1/4 mile upstream so you can rejoin where
you left off, etc.  Just get the car back on course quickly so that the
event isn't held up and you don't cause the driver behind you to lose the
best run of their life.

I mean, sure, if its a national event or your last run and you need that
extra tenth to take the championship or whatever, go ahead and join where
you left and look for downed cones or an errant worker.  But if its just a
normal event, chalk another one up to the god's of dumbass drivers and get
moving.

Just one annoying east coaster's view.

Mark