Re: 2000 Winter Slush Series-revised

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2000 Winter Slush Series-revised
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:18:46 EDT
Tony writes:

<<  At the risk of shwoing my ignorance and youth, what is the fascination
 with GGF? The surface isn't that great, it's cold, it's windy, the start
 time is too late, coordination is hindered due to lack of PA.
 I'll give you the fact that it is flat and it's not too far away from
 my house in the south bay, but I must be missing something.
 Is it just nostalgia driving the increased use of this site or do
 people really prefer it?  >>

Well, that's a good question...  I think any site in the SF Bay area is to be
cherished!  C-Stick breaks cars, Oakland is WAY slippery, and GGF has its
problems.  Stockton is small and distant, Marina is just distant.  Oh, and
scheduling GGF appears to be easier than C-Stick or Oakland, with fewer
conflicts.

As for the communication problem and late starting time, we REALLY need to
think about our use of GGF in the Slush Series, and how we are going to make
it work.

The days will be getting shorter, and I don't anticipate a significant drop
in participants...

Any suggestions, ideas, etc.???

CHD