Why I'm OK with GGF

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Why I'm OK with GGF
From: joe@bea.com (Joe Weinstein)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 12:39:04 -0700
At 12:00 PM 8/28/00 -0700, TONY OZZELLO P802 AWS wrote:
>Hey all,
>
>At the risk of shwoing my ignorance and youth, what is the fascination
>with GGF? The surface isn't that great, it's cold, it's windy, the start
>time is too late, coordination is hindered due to lack of PA.
>I'll give you the fact that it is flat and it's not too far away from
>my house in the south bay, but I must be missing something.
>Is it just nostalgia driving the increased use of this site or do
>people really prefer it?

It's nice and cool and I don't have to get up so early :-). It's also
large enough that I've seen two separate courses run there concurrently.
I'm ambivalent about the surface. It's not too sticky, but that's the
same for my competitors too, and it's important to develop one's skills
on that sort of surface. It's also very near to me, but I'm guessing it's
relatively near most people.
MOO(my opinion only...)
Joe

>(donning Nomex suit)
>
>Tony
>

>John wrote:
>
>>SCCA San Francisco Region
>>2000 Winter Slush Series (revised Aug. 28, 2000)
>>Oct. 1 Sunday           Golden Gate Fields, Albany, CA.
>>Oct. 8 Sunday           Marina (CA) Airport.
>>Oct. 22 Sunday          Golden Gate Fields, Albany, CA.
>>Nov. 5  Sunday          Golden Gate Fields, Albany, CA.
>>Nov. 12 Sunday          Network Associates Coliseum, Oakland,
>>CA.--CANCELLED
>>Nov. 12 Sunday**        Golden Gate Fields, Albany, CA.**
>>Nov. 19 Sunday          Network Associates Coliseum, Oakland,
>>CA.--CANCELLED
>>** TENTATIVE

                    The Weblogic Application Server from BEA

         JavaWorld Editor's Choice Award: Best Web Application Server
  Java Developer's Journal Editor's Choice Award: Best Web Application Server
     Crossroads A-List Award: Rapid Application Development Tools for Java
Intelligent Enterprise RealWare: Best Application Using a Component Architecture
               http://weblogic.beasys.com/press/awards/index.htm