Re: # people

To: Bay Area Autocross News Group <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: # people
From: Jeremy Bergsman <jeremybb@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 16:43:50 -0700
Craig Boyle wrote:

> 1) If we switched to two registration sessions,
> *without* limiting the number of entrants, nothing
> would change over how it is now

> 2) Two registration sessions are only going to be
> meaningful if the first session is for morning and the
> second is for afternoon and entries are limited.

I think this is what was meant???  If tech for the 5th+ run groups started
no sooner than when the 4th grid closed this would be one conceptially
simple way to limit afternoon cards to the afternoon groups.  I don't know
if this would risk a delay due to teching for the 5th group however.  Other
schemes such as different card colors and Jerry's SCCA/non-SCCA seem
relatively simple to include with this idea.
--
Jeremy Bergsman
jeremybb@stanford.edu