# people

To: Bay Area Autocross News Group <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: # people
From: "Kristi A. Soo Hoo" <ksoohoo@iresults.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 15:29:14 -0700
Hi All - the suggestions that have been streaming the ba-autox so far
about limiting the number of entrants have all been good.  I believe
this is a steering committee decision and I am sure this will be talked
about at the next meeting.

My thoughts:  It would be nice to limit the number of entrants, but then
again the people in the afternoon are really screwed - they will have to
show up early and stay all day - that is VERY draining.

limiting to a certain number in the AM and the PM is a good idea - only
problem is that when people are registering, I don't have time to count
who is morning and who is afternoon.

closing directly at 12:00 noon would be fine with me.  we have been
lenient on that because we always thought, the more people we register
the better.  apparently this is not always the case...

pre-registration - let us not EVEN get into that, please.  With how big
these events are - I can just see the number of people that will be
running two times during one day and ruining it for the rest of us.  no
thank you on the pre-registration.

solution?!  Well, what if we had registration for the morning open from
7:30AM to 9:00AM, then open registration for the afternoon from 11:00AM
to 12:30PM.  We could also define a limit to the number of entrants.
What will this do besides make long lines?  well, it will limit the
number of late comers for the morning session - those that show up in
time for their run group and then work out of group or something silly
like that.  It would hopefully make people more punctual and maybe
alleviate stress for the afternoon people so they don't have to worry
about coming super early - they can get to the event by 11am and reg
will just have opened again.
this will also open up the chance for buying fun runs.  with a limited
number of entrants, by the time we close registration, if we have cards
left over, then people can purchase the fun runs.  Until then, fun runs
will not be sold.

how about that?!

:)kristi

--
Kristi A. Soo Hoo
Idea Integration

-- Dogs leave paw prints on the souls of those who love them. --