Re: # people

To: ksoohoo@iresults.com,
Subject: Re: # people
From: Craig Boyle <craig_boyle@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 16:01:52 -0700 (PDT)
Kristi: Do you know the breakdown of SCCA members vs.
non-members signing up for Oakland/3Com events?

1) If we switched to two registration sessions,
*without* limiting the number of entrants, nothing
would change over how it is now, except the reg lines
would be longer. You might find it difficult to close
registration - "just one more person" will always want
to sign up.

2) Two registration sessions are only going to be
meaningful if the first session is for morning and the
second is for afternoon and entries are limited. This
would be tough to enforce without different colored
entry cards or writing someone's class on the card.
Too much trouble, I think. Just the thought of this
has me figuring out ways to print my own cards and
mailing the SCCA a check for 16x$25 at the beginning
of the year ;-)

4) I wish you hadn't mentioned pre-registration :-)
This is Pandora's box. I'd rather we didn't talk about
it (yet) than dismiss it as unworkable.

There's a month to the next SC meeting. Perhaps
scenarios can be thrashed out here, the presented to
the SC for an experimental trial of 3 events.

Craig