SFR's Round 5

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: SFR's Round 5
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 13:44:33 -0400
We are successful. Is this a good thing?
        From SF Region's Round 5 at 3Com Park, San Francisco, CA, here are
some numbers to chew on:

        Entrants: 271.
        Start time: 9:45 a.m.
                (Timer cross-wired--start was at the stop area; stop at
start. Generator wouldn't start.)
        Final car clocked in at 7:45 p.m.
        First four groups received 4 runs each.
        Red flags: lost count.
        Length of course for most: 85-95 seconds.
        Starting rate: approx. every 25 seconds,
                allowing 4 cars on course at once. Not all starters made
allowances for                          variations in car speeds.
        (Our JACircuit timer can handle up to eight (8) cars.)
        When course was red flagged, usually due to a downed pylon, the
re-runs were occurring 3-4 at a time.
        Final four groups began slightly after 4 p.m.
        Final four received 3 runs.
        The number of first-time entrants: 40-50 (exact count not yet
available).
        Pylons used: ALL of them and more were needed.
        Not counted: Those members who had late afternoon engagements and
left without running.
        There is some more to be discussed.

--John Kelly