Re: best line

To: lollipop@ricochet.net, David Peterson <peterson@ati.com>
Subject: Re: best line
From: Scot Zediker <mx5_1991@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 11:33:55 -0700 (PDT)

--- Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net> wrote:
>     If any of you ran the last Stockton event, power
> ruled because there were
> several corners that allowed power to be a real
> factor, slow way down and then
> accelerate. That's one of the reasons Corvette
> drivers did so well at that
> event in spite of the tight in appearance course. Of
> course, the Corvette
> drivers were all very good. :-)

And that's a reason this Miata driver went down to 1st
in a couple of places.  I just couldn't get out of
those spots very quickly coming out at 3K in second.

Since we had the Stockton discussion earlier on this
list, I now know that a lot of the Vette guys were
doing the whole course in 1st.  Guess they're geared a
lot higher than my car, on top of having about 3x the
horsepower and 3.5x the torque...

=====
Scot Zediker
mx5_1991@yahoo.com
San Jose, CA

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."