Re: best line

To: David Peterson <peterson@ati.com>
Subject: Re: best line
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 09:01:40 -0700
Jerry and others drive cars with horsepower. The Ghia doesn't have that (and
neither does our 7), so speed has to be maintained throughout. My philosophy is
to use brakes as little as possible because when I have to slow down, that
means I have to accelerate, which is difficult when we're only producing 75-80
hp, even on a real lightweight. Thus I'm never thrilled with 180 degree turns
leading into straights, though Corvette drivers love them.
    If any of you ran the last Stockton event, power ruled because there were
several corners that allowed power to be a real factor, slow way down and then
accelerate. That's one of the reasons Corvette drivers did so well at that
event in spite of the tight in appearance course. Of course, the Corvette
drivers were all very good. :-)
--Pat Kelly