Re: SCCA classes, SM2, and F125

Subject: Re: SCCA classes, SM2, and F125
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:08:54 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Paul and Meredith Brown wrote:
> told you (intentionally or not).  First year went OK.  We don't have a lot
> of regional participation, except for a few hot spots, but we did have a
> good turnout at Nationals.  Now we are waiting to see how the second year
> goes.  I would characterize F125 as being "on the bubble" - if the turnout
> is good at Topeka this year, chances are good that the decision will be to
> keep the class (personal opinion only!).  What we don't want to do is
> create another class that is always just barely making it, or worse, that
> needs to be cut two years after it is created.  We understand that karts
> can't run in all regions - that's not a good argument for making it a
> national class.

Just as a note on this, I see more F125's at national events than I do of
most of the other mod classes (except SM of course).  Not that that should
be reason enough to keep them, but the fact that the interest is there and
there are still new people joining the class despite its uncertainty is
pretty cool.

Mark