U/B question

To: "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: U/B question
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:26:26 -0500
I think I already know the answer to this question but would like some
confirmation.

A little background info.  On Neons with no AC the V-belt goes from the
crank pulley to the PS pump only.  On my car, with AC, a longer belt goes
around the crank pulley, AC pulley and the PS pump pulley.  The PS pumps
between the AC and non-AC versions are the same and the only belt difference
is the length.

We, in STS and SP, are allowed to remove the AC system in part or in whole.

The problem is that my PS/AC belt decides to fly off at the worst possible
moments, like during an event.  My question is this; Under the U/B rule
would I be legal to run the shorter non-AC V-belt on my AC equipped car
simply bypassing the AC compressor and running the shorter belt as if the
car were not AC equipped?

At events I can live without the AC but the PS is awfully handy to have on
transition heavy autocross courses.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69 STS
'98 Dodge Neon (see-dan)