RE: DOT Race Tires may become illegal

To: <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Subject: RE: DOT Race Tires may become illegal
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 12:52:38 -0500
Kevin,

I'm not ripping on you, but most certainly am ripping on the 'If they
change anything I'm leaving' attitude that I see that a lot of events
and on this list way too often.

People that want to compete will compete. A global change like taking
away DOT tires should only be a problem if they them away from you but
not your competitors.

With many regions having problems with too many participats as it is,
Nebraska Region included, I don't see any benefit to growing the sport.
So why care about the barriers to entry. There are already street tire
classes and Stock isn't really stock so what's the big deal?