Re: DOT Race Tires may become illegal

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DOT Race Tires may become illegal
From: Brian Knoblauch <BlueMR2@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 18:09:25 -0400
 >We NEED categories with street-legal tires in Solo. They are the
bedrock of
 >our sport.

        I agree.  I also wouldn't mind if the "R", not streetable, but DOT
legal tires went away...  I enjoy driving at the events on the same
tires I drive all summer as I use the events more as a "driving school"
than a "race".  It's not supposed to be "racing" anyway, right???
That'd also make it safer for truly "stock" vehicles.  What's the first
thing everyone does?  Race tires!  Bad thing with otherwise stock
suspension...

$.02 courtesy of,
E-Mod Brian (w/ street tires)...