Re: DOT Race Tires may become illegal

To: Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net
Subject: Re: DOT Race Tires may become illegal
From: TeamZ06@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 00:05:29 EDT
In a message dated 5/28/02 10:50:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net writes:

> I've carried tires in a C5 coupe.  It was almost impossible, and there was
> no room for jacks or other equipment, and it was a hazard on the road.  I
> don't think it is possible with a Z06, wider wheels and hardtop

Actually it was very possible and I was not only able to carry the Hoosier
race wheels/tires but also everything else I needed at an event in our Z06;
floor jack, 7 gal. air tank, laser toe plates, tools, cooler, wash bucket,
etc.  Granted, there was no room for company, but it was no hazard and saw 30
mpg cruising at 80 mph in 6th gear from Montgomery, AL to Fort Myers, FL.

Mark Sipe