Re: 10yr Stock Class Ruling

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 10yr Stock Class Ruling
From: Ignasi Palou-Rivera <palou@highstream.net>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 18:58:07 -0400
On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 03:24:59PM -0700, Kevin Stevens wrote:
> It's abundantly clear that people are not interested in this concept;
> because their reaction is violent enough that they don't bother to read,
> understand, or address the notion that I was presenting.
>
> Fine.  Not a problem.  But for the people using such polite terms as
> "inane", "stupid", and "idiotic", DON'T DARE come back whining about car
> classification/preparation issues in stock.
>
> If anyone cares to ask more in-depth questions in a responsible dialogue,
> feel free to correspond off-list.

These threatening tone is totally out of place. People have called the
ideas all those names you mention, but averybody has been very careful
not to say anything about the people voicing those ideas.

I'm going to continue voicing my opinions about the ideas, and I might
use some strong words if I feel is warranted. And if I want to whine
about other stock class rules I'll do that too. I pay my $65/year SCCA
fee so I'm entitled to voice my opinion on thses subjects, whether
some people care or not.

I'm sure a lot of people against these ideas are quite offended about
them. As somebody here has mentioned they have a rather disturbing
exclusivist smell. For years people have joked about the 'S' in SCCA
meaning 'secret', but it feels like some people want to convert it to
the 'Snob Car Club of America'.

--
Ignasi.