Re: 10yr Stock Class Ruling

To: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 10yr Stock Class Ruling
From: Lee <racergt@xmission.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 16:56:28 -0600
At 02:27 PM 5/2/2002, Alan Dahl wrote:
>So to sum it up:
>
>Cars built in 2004 and later and less than 7 years old: Showroom Stock
>with race tires

Showroom stock on RACE TIRES? Never seen a new car in a showroom for sale
with race tires.

>All vehicles built in 2003 and earlier or more than 7 years old
>(starting in 2011): Like Stock is now with the addition of springs and
>air boxes running street tires (just like ST).

Older cars can be modified to go faster but CAN'T have race tires? What am
I missing here? Is this just to make the SS seem to be the fastest and most
desirable group of "normal looking" cars? Maybe that will get some
manufacture money for the best national SS drivers but how would that help
the grassroots portion of this sport?

Since I have a 68 Lotus Europa even now there is no 'stock' class for my
car. Even though I can replace everything with stock OEM pieces.

I agree, the current classing structure needs to be revised. But not
because of expensive shocks for nation competition but rather to attract
more players to the sport at local and regional levels. Then there will be
more people at nationals. Everybody can win in the sport if the
concentration is fair, competitive classing with easily understood rules
from the local level up, not from the national level down.

  Lee       __ __ _
  __  _ - ~~ l     ~-_           http://members.home.net/racergt2/
  @~~  ------+--------~----____      "Auto racing and bullfighting are the
  @==/~_~\===|=~======|===/~_~\~~-,   only true sports." Ernest Hemingway