Re: 10yr Stock Class Ruling

Subject: Re: 10yr Stock Class Ruling
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 17:40:41 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Rick Cone wrote:
> >At best they exchange sets of
> >evils, and I'd rather stick with the evils I'm familier with.
>
> So stick our head in the sand and do nothing to improve competition/reduce
> barriers ($$$) of entry in our sport?

No, quit trying to spin what I said into what you'd like it to say.

You could summarize my position as this:
"If, after examination of a new idea, the idea is not clearly better than
what we currently have, don't implement the new idea."

If you have to implement the idea to find out if its better, then the gain
can't be enough to run the risk of upheaval when its not better.

This is _distinctly_ different from sticking your head in the sand.

And the idea that _any_ of these "exclude older vehicles from stock" would
_lower_ the cost of entry is absolutely laughable.

Mark