Re: 10yr Stock Class Ruling

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 10yr Stock Class Ruling
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 13:27:51 -0700
On Thursday, May 2, 2002, at 12:53  PM, Autox86300ZX@aol.com wrote:
> Maybe some of you that can afford to go out and buy a $10,000 car or
> spend
> $10,000 on a 10 year or less older car wouldn't be bothered by the
> increase
> that SCCA would have to do to stay alive as an Organization. But, for
> the
> thousands of us that do not have a disposable income and Autocross as a
> HOBBY. Would look for other Organizations that do what we love and have
> no
> exceptions to older cars.

I think there is a misunderstanding here. The intent is not to eliminate
anyone but rather to have different preparation levels for cars less
than 7 years old and built in 2004 and later (totally bone stock except
for race tires) and more than 7 years old or built in 2003 or earlier
(like today with perhaps a couple of extra mods thrown in and street
tires). That should not cause anyone to leave the sport, everyone would
have a place to play and it would keep expenses down for everyone, both
Nationally and Regionally.

So to sum it up:

Cars built in 2004 and later and less than 7 years old: Showroom Stock
with race tires

All vehicles built in 2003 and earlier or more than 7 years old
(starting in 2011): Like Stock is now with the addition of springs and
air boxes running street tires (just like ST).

I think this could work. Whether we want to try it or not is another
question however...

- Alan Dahl