Re: Why concrete? (was Re: Membership numbers)

To: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>, "Rick Brown"
Subject: Re: Why concrete? (was Re: Membership numbers)
From: "Phil Ethier"<pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 21:48:04 GMT
>Only one reason, really. The available BIG lots -- i.e. airport aprons --
>are concrete.
>
>We did not go looking for concrete, we went looking for size, and the size

>we found happened to be concrete.

Bingo, Rocky.

If you were to build a dedicated autocross facility, you would be better off
using full-depth bituminous than you would be using concrete.  Cheaper, easier
to maintain, recyclable on-site.

If you are looking for an available existing lot, that's another story, and
not the the question to which I replied.

Phil Ethier