Re: Why concrete? (was Re: Membership numbers)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why concrete? (was Re: Membership numbers)
From: Eric Linnhoff <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 22:59:39 -0700
===============================
>From a caveman's standpoint I would have to agree with this hypothesis.
Tire wear should be somewhat of an indication of surface wear/abuse.  Yes, I
know that weather, alignment, an individual's driving style and the moon's
phase all come into play here but work with me a bit.  I know from personal
experience that a 30 minute track session is far less damaging to a set of
DOT R tires than four 60 second autocross runs on an abrasive/grippy
surface.

So, I would assume (yeah, I know) that road racing is less abusive to the
surface than is autocrossing.  What does this tell us?  Not much.  ;^)

What I do know is that I personally don't care whether we run the Nationals
on asphalt or concrete as long as it's a large, flat and blemish free plot
of pavement.  Oh yeah, and within 100 miles of my house.  :^P

Eric Linnhoff in KC
'98 Neon R/T (see-dan)
#69 STS   #13 TLS
knuckledragger@kcweb.net