Re: Why concrete? (was Re: Membership numbers)

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Why concrete? (was Re: Membership numbers)
From: "Brad Cox" <COXB@tmfhs.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 14:16:59 -0500
> Where is the evidence that low-speed turns are more destructive to pavement
> than high-speed turns?

When we run on asphalt surfaces where surface damage occurs, it occurs on
the lower speed, tighter turns, not on the higher speed turns.<<<

Seems like those turns are where I spend the most time sweeping. ;-)  But
mainly I was thinking in terms of a situation that would not normally be
encountered on a race track.  The physics of it are waaay beyond me.

-brad