re: STU Rules Update Update

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: re: STU Rules Update Update
From: Dave Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 16:57:53 -0400 (EDT)
Dennis wrote...
> Your point is real and valid - but how do we solve it? Allow anything
> into anything? (The auto industry is getting more incestuous all the
> time...)
>
> Show us some wording of how you'd like to see the rule written.

   As I mentioned, eliminate STU.10.2 completely.

   Alternately,

        STU.10.2
        Non-stock engine blocks must be of the same make as the chassis.

   The should take care of the weird DSM stock blocks, while allowing
Acura/Honda hybrids and others.

   Given the other allowed modifications, I see no point in restricting
the blocks.

--
 D a v i d  H i l l m a n
 scscc, nma, scca, imoc