Re: STU Rules Update Update

To: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Re: STU Rules Update Update
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 14:04:41 -0700
dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> > I totally disagree here.  It is not about run whacha brung.  If it was you
> > would allow all cars, within your engine formula to compete.  Not just cars
> > with more then 2 seats.
>
> Ahhh, I see what this is about now.
>
> Rick, STU exists today. And one of the rules in the existing STU is that you
> gotta have 4 seats.
>
> That rule is there for a very good reason - weight. The 2 seaters are very
>much
> smaller and lighter than the 4 seaters, and they are also very rare in the
> demographic that we are targeting here.

Huh?

Miata, Z3, CRX, DelSol, MR2... Do these sound familiar?

They are very popular cars in the tweakin' and tunin' market. Especially
the CRX's. And don't forget the miatae.

> If we allow 2 seaters, we completly cut the core group out of the loop.

I don't think so. We just raise the bar that's all. How much faster is a
CRX than a Civic?

> I'm afraid of marginalizing the core audience of STU
>
> - 50% Honda Civics & Preludes

Don't forget that alot of these Hondas are CRX's, and they are already
banned from ST because they're 2-seaters. God! I can't believe I'm
stickin' up for these Hondas. What's wrong with me!? :-P

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/