Re: Brake Pads

To: Chris McCann <cjmccan@ilstu.edu>
Subject: Re: Brake Pads
From: Robert Glover <rob@f-body.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 17:44:51 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Chris McCann wrote:

> I am in desparate need of new rear brake pads for my Integra GS-R... I have
> Axxis Metal Masters on the front, which I am not unhappy with, but I have
> heard a lot about Carbotech!  I don't want to run the 'green' compound
> (because of squeeks and squeals; the car is daily driven)...  Has anyone had
> experience with the 'super street' (or something like that) pads?  Are they
> worth the substantial price difference?

I know two people with f-bodies who run the SSF pads and like them.  I
have them on the front of my 98 Z28 and don't really feel any difference
over the sock pads.  However, I have the Panther pads on my Corvette, and
while they do squeal when good and warm, and they dust like mad, HOLY COW
DO THOSE THINGS STOP!!!

Rob