RE: Brake Pads

To: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
Subject: RE: Brake Pads
From: "Justin Malinosky" <justin@mind4.mindsync.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 99 08:18:52 -0700
>I am using Carbotech street pads (I think its the Street F compound ) all
>around on my delSol. I like them. No squeals when applied ( there is shim
>squeal but that's something for me to fix ) No dusting and I have polished
>alloys for street use that show dirt well. Brake feel is noticeably better
>than stock. No noticeable fade.

I was wondering if you could tell me what shim squeal is. My brakes
(Carbotech SS/Fs on a '99 TransAm) squeal when applied lightly and for
a few tire rotations after I let up off of the brake. I have friends
with the same setup that have no brake squeal at all.

Thanks.
--
Justin Malinosky
'99 TransAm M6 Hurst, K&N Air Filter, Free Ram Air Mod, !CAGS