Re: Brake Pads

To: Chris McCann <cjmccan@ilstu.edu>
Subject: Re: Brake Pads
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 21:44:18 -0500
Chris McCann wrote:

> I am in desparate need of new rear brake pads for my Integra GS-R... I have
> Axxis Metal Masters on the front, which I am not unhappy with, but I have
> heard a lot about Carbotech!  I don't want to run the 'green' compound
> (because of squeeks and squeals; the car is daily driven)...  Has anyone had
> experience with the 'super street' (or something like that) pads?  Are they
> worth the substantial price difference?

I've run SSF's on the front of my Neon, and don't really have a lot of
praise for them.  My frame of reference is coming off a year using Hawk
Blacks, which have significant more initial bite and stop NOW.  Even
though they chew rotors like I envision J.D. chewing tobaccy, (sorry
J.D.!) I will most likely switch back to the Hawks.
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese