Bid on GEEZ to benefit DTN/MBBF

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Bid on GEEZ to benefit DTN/MBBF
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 17:58:59 -0700
In the words of Garrett Morris, "Team.Net bin beddy beddy good to me."

As our bit to help raise $$ for the 1999 Driver To Nationals *AND* for
the Mark Bradakis Beer Fund, Extreme GEEZ, Inc. will auction off a GEEZ
Racer's Bundle, with 100% of the price bid being split between DTN and
MBBF.*

The GEEZ Racer's Bundle is the "whole enchilada" package, which includes
the G-Cube, GEEZ software, and the software for using a Palm device for
recording.  The Racer's Bundle retails at $395 plus $19 S&H; for more
information about that, see our website at http://www.extremegeez.com

In addition, I'll give the top bidder up to 2 hours of personal
telephone consultation and coaching using his/her runs from the event or
events of his/her choosing.  Okay, this part might be considered a
penalty to some, in which case I'll wash and wax your car at Nationals
as a substitute award.  So it's your choice, Byron Short coaching, or a
Byron Short car wash and wax at Nationals.  For those of you who know
how I like to keep my own vehicles, getting to watch me wash and wax any
car could be quite a novelty.

I'll open the bidding myself at $150, just because it's clearly worth
that much to me to NOT have to wash a car or anything.  If you'd like
to top my bid, just send your bid to Team.Net, and remember bidding will
close on July 31, 1999.  We can even accept bids by MasterCard and Visa!

So c'mon, what kind of racer are you if you still have room left on your
credit cards!?  Beat my bid of $150, pickup up a GEEZ Racer's Bundle at
a great price, help send a Driver To Nationals, and keep Mark Bradakis
in Beer...how can you beat a deal like that?!

Top Bidder will need to pay for his prize by August 3, 1999 by either
cash or credit card, and the proceeds will be split and mailed to DTN
and MBBF that same day.

Hey, I know there are other folks out there that can donate something to
the cause.  Why not donate your wares, or just something cool cluttering
up your garage for bid with the proceeds going to DTN and/or MBBF?

*MBBF, or the Mark Bradakis Beer Fund, is the fund to which Huck & CHuck
give half of their profits from their annual apparral sales.  Mark
Bradakis is the net-god who sees that Team.Net runs flawlessly 24-7 and
performs his tireless duties gratis for all of us.  Equipment upgrades
come from his own vast wealth, which is to say, perhaps it takes away a
racing tire or two (sometimes more) from his racing budget each year.
Contributing to the MBBF is meant as a tip of the hat, a tangible "thank
you" to Mark who keeps this whole thing going.  I personally feel that
Mark, a former DTN himself, is still our patron saint, and I will
continue to make matching funds to the MBBF anytime that I contribute to
the DTN.

--Byron Short
  800-775-9511
  http://www.extremegeez.com