Re: Brake Pads

To: Chris McCann <cjmccan@ilstu.edu>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Pads
From: 95 GSR <TurboTage@geocities.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 08:52:23 -0700
Here is my take:

I use Porterfield R4S pads (949-548-4470) in the front.  I still need to get
them in the back though.  I hear these pads are comparable to Hawks but they
are cheaper.  I too have a GSR and I think they were $99/front, $69/rear.
They do not squeak/squeal at all and I have NEVER gotten them to fade.  Even
slamming on the brakes from 100+mph all the way to a dead stop couldn't get
them to fade.  They feel the same as stock cold and bite harder the hotter
they get.  I've had them for over 10K miles and I still show no signs of
noticeable wear.  I'm using the stock rotors and they are still fine as
well.  The only disadvantage is they do dust quite a bit.  In short though,
these are great street, auto-x, and road race pads AND they appear to last a
long time.