OD disassembly

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: OD disassembly
From: "Marc Nederkoorn" <adsl709847@tiscali.nl>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 23:07:34 +0100
Listers,

Winter-project time. Mine is adding an OD to the TR6. For this I acquired a
somewhat scruffy but otherwise healthy saloon gearbox with a J-type. I am
taking box and OD apart for cleaning, inspection and changing the gaskets,
O-rings and Oil seals.

I did separate OD and gearbox with some effort. I removed the adapter. I
unbolted the rear piece from the main OD part and have a few milimeters of
space. As per Nelsons write-up I should be able to remove the rear part.
However it will not move any further. I don't want to apply any brute force
and risk breaking anything so my resort now is to the even more powerfull
collective list wisdom: anyone BTDT?

A thought I have is that the annulus assembly is rusted stuck to the sliding
clutch. I have sprayed with dissolvent but no result sofar.

My next thought would be to pull of the rear housing with a puller to get
more acces to the problem area. This would normally be an action performed
later on but I read from the exploded views that I can try so with no harm?

Any thoughts are welcome!

Marc
'74 TR6
The Netherlands (and a new email for those who noticed)