RE: OD disassembly

To: "Marc Nederkoorn" <adsl709847@tiscali.nl>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OD disassembly
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 14:54:25 -0800
 Marc:

        Wow! The Netherlands. Ain't the internet great?

        I am doing this from memory, so please forgive me if I am a
little fuzzy.

        You should be able to separate the annulus from the sliding
member with a puller fairly easily. The annulus should not be rusted to
the sliding member because there is friction material on the sliding
member that prevents metal to metal contact. It is more likely that the
annulus is simply wedged tightly inside the sliding member, since the
annulus is conical in shape.

        As long as you are doing a teardown, be sure to measure the
thickness of the friction material on the clutch member. This is the
main wear point on the OD, and if worn the OD will slip in reverse when
hot. The clutch should be considered completely worn out at 0.040" (1mm)
remaining material, and as new at 0.100" (2.5mm) remaining.

        Cheers,

        Vance