Re: OD disassembly

To: <adsl709847@tiscali.nl>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OD disassembly
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:56:52 -0700
Marc, I believe I had the same problem.  I think you need to remove the
four nuts holding the two bridge pieces at the front end of the OD unit
next to the oil pump.  These bridge pieces cover the pistons.  That
should let you separate the rear housing from the brake ring.  Good
luck.

John Lumia

1976 TR6

Louisville CO

Marc wrote:>

Listers,

I did separate OD and gearbox with some effort. I removed the adapter. I
unbolted the rear piece from the main OD part and have a few milimeters
of space. As per Nelsons write-up I should be able to remove the rear
part.

However it will not move any further. I don't want to apply any brute
force and risk breaking anything so my resort now is to the even more
powerfull collective list wisdom: anyone BTDT?

A thought I have is that the annulus assembly is rusted stuck to the
sliding clutch. I have sprayed with dissolvent but no result sofar.

My next thought would be to pull of the rear housing with a puller to
get more acces to the problem area. This would normally be an action
performed later on but I read from the exploded views that I can try so
with no harm?