Re: Alternator Installation

To: JHarkness <JHarkness@aol.com>, CLCSF@aol.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Alternator Installation
From: Russ Moore <rem9@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 00:01:28
John, et al,
Being the cheap weasel I am, I have used a stock GM, internally regulated
alternator on two TRs in the past. It's the same quick fix and the cost for
those is something on the order of $50 to $60. I did make a new bracket
extension but otherwise it was a piece of cake. The alt. in the GT-6 has
been in there for going on three years now and has worked very well. If
interested I can get you some part numbers and sources for these. It's been
my finding, some items usually are more expensive at the specialty houses.
I believe the alternator I have in both cars is on the order of 55 to 60
amps. I would have to confirm that though. Works fine with pumps, halogen
lighting, etc
How's the 3 recovering?
Still working on the Spit after many months of no time to do so. We'll be
back this year.
Russ Moore
Brooktondale, N.Y.