Re: Alternator Installation

To: mfrancis@triax.com
Subject: Re: Alternator Installation
From: CLC SF <CLCSF@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 20:24:26 EST

<< Could you please send me some more info on your Triumph conversion? I have
 a TR4 and I am interested in exchanging the generator for a modern
 alternator. Also, if you could send a rough cost >>

Sample a few of the recent responses I've gotten, they should be a great help.
I have the drawings, part numbers and specs given to me by the late great Leon
Duhamel (who is available at www leon.heaven) In Leons memory I'd be glad to
share them with you and anyone else who is interested.

The cost for the alternator (a Nipon-Densa) is about $100 plus a core charge,
you can use the TR-4 adjusting bracket, just pound it flat and bolt it back
on. If you intend to race then go with the biggest pulley you can find to slow
it down at high RPM. If this is for street use, use a cheaper GM unit (bigger
and heavier)

I'll try to send them in a seperate letter using my new scanner, if that
doesn't work, send me your fax #.

DonSF