Re: Magnets on your petrol and Slick50

To: favres@engmail.ulinear.com
Subject: Re: Magnets on your petrol and Slick50
From: BFEKENG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 13:25:20 -0500 (EST)
Simon,This is an interesting thread & I do have a specific case.We had been
using Redline in the TR6 gearbox & everything seemed fine.However,it
seemed to be grinding a lot on gear changes.I dismantled the box & found
most of the shift dogs on the close ratio gears had a good deal of wear.
i checked each syncro with the factory tool for checking the syncro balls
& shift preload ,all were within spec.Desperate for a solution I called a
resource
I know who stated it appeared to him that I might be cheating the syncro
rings
with a lubricant too slick.I tried a more conventional lubricant & problem
solved.

                                                        KEN G